This award winning international architecture, interiors and planning firm has designed iconic structures and spaces across the US, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Africa. With and extensive portfolio encompassing office, hospitality, mixed-use, high-rise, institutional, planning and interiors projects globally, their combined exceptional design and technical expertise is a key differentiator. The firm’s dynamic, team oriented studio structure promotes collaboration and innovation, while supporting ongoing investment in the firm's talent and technology across the organization. They are committed to surpassing their clients’ expectations with environmentally responsible design solutions that reflect and respect the unique cultural, social and built environment traditions of their respective communities. Given the firm’s continued growth and success they are seeking a Principal based in the firm's Chicago office.
The Principal will be an entrepreneurial and collaborative leader, highly skilled in the design or management of large complex office, hospitality and high rise projects. As a Principal, s/he will work closely with the Partner in Charge, fellow Principals and Senior Designers in the development of concepts and strategies that respond to program and client requirements while striving to elevate design quality and execution. S/he will establish project objectives, develop concepts, lead presentations and guide the project team’s creative development. The Principal will participate in discussions regarding and management decisions of the firm. With an extensive role in business development and marketing efforts, the Principal is heavily involved in new and existing client relationships and pursuits. S/he will create productive and on-going relationships with key decision-makers and influencers that will enhance the firm's competitive advantage and positioning.
The Principal will oversee presentation and proposal preparation and demonstrate the ability to direct the flow of multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. With exceptional skills at building long-term relationships, s/he will work closely with clients and consultants on high profile projects in the US and Internationally. The Principal will manage full scope of projects including design management, technical excellence, quality assurance and project performance/ profitability. Adept with the big picture and the smallest details, the Principal will have proven design leadership and understanding of construction techniques on projects of multiple scales and share this knowledge and expertise as a mentor to emerging design talent. The Principal will be on a Partner track.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture and Licensure required, LEED AP preferred
- 15+ years progressive design and project leadership experience on complex projects including high rise, office, hospitality, mixed-use new construction and renovation/restoration
- Experience with all phases of complex projects from 100,000SF to 2mil SF+
- Collaborative leader with a proven track record of running teams and working closely with clients, sub-consultants and vendors while completing large, complex projects
- Established client relationships, with demonstrated ability to cultivate new client relationships
- Familiarity with building codes, zoning ordinances, laws and regulations related to design
- Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility pertaining to fees, scope and schedule