For over 50 years, this dynamic multi-disciplinary design firm has been recognized internationally for contributions to the built environment through their unwavering commitment to design excellence, creativity, and client service. The firm promotes a unique method of interdisciplinary collaboration, leveraging its diverse resources across multiple markets and geographies. The firm’s portfolio includes international award-winning projects and consistently ranks in the top largest Architecture, Engineering and Interior Design firms in the U.S.. Market expertise includes Higher Education, Healthcare, Hospitality, Civic + Government, Cultural, Institutional, Commercial, Aviation and Science + Technology. Given the firm’s continued growth and success they are seeking to identify a Global IT Director for their Chicago office.
The Global IT Director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of IT functions for all firm-wide systems. This includes the exploration and implementation of emerging tools and methods, while successfully directing and supporting existing IT operations and staff to meet organizational requirements. S/he will have exceptional leadership skills, the ability to work creatively and collaboratively across multiple disciplines, strong project management skills at all scales, and an in-depth knowledge of both current and emerging technologies.
- Work across all offices with IT Managers and the CIO to ensure efficient operations and services to staff and offices.
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the CIO or other internal organizations and recommend technical solutions.
- Develop and oversee corporate IT technology roadmap and strategy.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards and procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Develop requirements, outlines, budgets, and schedules for projects.
- Oversee all phases of project from conception to completion, ensuring projects are completed within budget and on time.
- Follow PMI standards to manage projects through the project lifecycles of initiation, planning, execution and closure.
- Assemble risk management plans and work effort documents.
- Utilize in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design and implement secure solutions to meet customer and client needs while protecting the corporation's assets.
- Develop security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and IT operations
- Provide daily oversight and management of the corporate IT budget.
- Coordinate adequate system documentation, as well as disaster recovery and business continuity plans for primary services.
- Review all designs, solutions and project test plans where applicable.
- Approve all business requirements prior to the technical solution. Lead and/or participate on all hardware and software evaluations and maintain vendor contracts and negotiations.
- Direct IT education programs for staff.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of IT KPI reporting.
- Perform salary administration, conduct staff reviews and make recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or related experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within information technology.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing staff.
- Experience in the most current technologies and products used.
- Strong ability to manage staff and projects.
- Working knowledge of engineering systems and the ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines.
- Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills with team members, consultants and clients.
- Understanding of a broad range of technologies at a business process/impact level including systems for enterprise work process, mobility, data management and cloud-based computing, including Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server.