Our Client is a premier real estate firm orchestrating high profile hospitality projects globally. Given the firm's strategic growth and success they are looking for a Vice President to focus on real estate development acquisition activities and oversee investment performance.
As a key leader in the organization, the VP will report directly to the CEO and COO and have demonstrated experience and expertise across Acquisitions, Finance and Development. S/he will create and maintain a strong real estate development chain and make sure all development projects are designed, financed and constructed in a accordance with compliance. The VP will handle the financial budgets and provide underwriting assumptions for multiple concurrent projects globally while advising a team of Project Managers. S/he will liase and locate roles within projects and ensure performance standards while working on development related issues within projects. The VP will also enhance team efficiency by encouraging communication between cross-functional team members.
- Identifying opportunities for distressed/undervalued properties in target cities and neighborhoods inclusive of entitlements and tax credits
- Deal sourcing in key markets, structuring transactions and asset management.
- Overseeing business growth strategy, acquisitions and development for boutique hotels.
- Programming for potential projects, including full feasibility analysis, pro forma and property improvement plan creation and financing considerations.
- Negotiating and structuring acquisitions, pursuing and securing equity partners and leading financing negotiations with lenders.
- Developing bank relationships, capital partners and strategic investors to increase management agreements and equity positions for new and existing properties.
- Negotiating, structuring and executing equity transactions, hotel management agreements and technical services agreements in multiple countries.
- Refinancing experience, including evaluation of financing proposals, lender negotiation and legal documentation.
- Responsibility for project financing, transaction execution, monthly reporting, project budgets and accounting oversight for multiple concurrent projects.
- Underwriting acquisition and ground-up development opportunities.
- Mitigating cost and risk through GMP negotiations and value engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with project scheduling, negotiating purchasing & leasing agreements and start-up operations.
- 10+ years experience within real estate development
- Master Degree in Real Estate Management, or Finance required
- Experience in transaction, deal-to-deal closure, acquisitions
- Supervision and coordination experience of teams
- Track record of development projects
- Efficiency enforcing leader
- Knowledge of state regulations and policies related to development issues