Remove all obstacles.
This dynamic multi-disciplinary practice is consistently ranked as one of the top design firms in the world, committed to enhancing and sustaining the built and natural environments. As a leading provider of advanced client solutions to a broad range of markets including Civic + Institutional, Healthcare, Transportation + Aviation, Academic, Corporate + Commercial and Infrastructure, the firm promotes a unique method of collaboration, leveraging its diverse resources across multiple business lines and all offices. Given the firm’s planned growth and success they are seeking to identify a Senior Architect with Bridge Design expertise to play a key role in their San Francisco or Los Angeles office, Nationally and Globally.
This individual will be responsible for generating a passion and enthusiasm for delivering excellent design and project performance in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. He/she will be responsible for managing and leading a team of multi-disciplinary consultants with the ability to maneuver easily between single and multiple projects. They will be required to provide the creative direction to their team, coaching team members and encouraging and supporting their Team Leaders. The ideal candidate will have strong Bridge Design experience with a proven record of client interaction and development in this sector, and the drive to develop this market on a focused basis. The ideal candidate will be an engaging and compelling communicator, both verbally and written, as well as technically astute, with a very strong client and commercial focus.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• 8+ years progressive experience in Transportation/Bridge Architecture
• Professional Degree in Architecture required
• Architecture Licensure required
• LEED Accreditation preferred
• Must be a team player and mentor with a proven track record of success working with teams, clients, sub-consultants and vendors while completing large, complex projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge and experience of the total design process from concept through construction, with an understanding of different and innovative delivery methods.
• Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility, and an understanding of market forces pertaining to fees, scope and schedule requirements
• Demonstrates creativity, foresight and a mature architectural judgment in anticipating and solving complex architectural challenges
• Understanding of current trends in Bridge Architecture Design + Delivery
• Working knowledge of AutoCad and/or MicroStation
• Experience with graphics programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign, and modeling and rendering programs such as Revit, SketchUp or 3DS Max Design is desirable.