Our client is a leading International multi-disciplinary practice consistently recognized + awarded at the highest levels for design excellence and technical innovation. The firm leverages its international expertise and in-depth knowledge of local markets through a network of culturally diverse global design studios focused on Commercial, Education, Cultural, Sports, Health + Science, Hospitality and Civic projects. Their innovative work encompasses architecture, building engineering, sustainable design, urbanism, master planning and industrial design. Given the firm’s strategic growth they are seeking to identify a Global Communications Leader to play a key role nationally and globally.
Reporting to the Partners and serving as an integral member of the leadership team, the Global Communications Leader will be responsible for the development of the firm's communication strategy and will contribute to the organizational strategic planning process.
This individual will develop a communications plan, directly manage communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the firm's reputation. Responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the firm.
As a key leader and ambassador for the firm, they will build relationships with the media and be responsible for all print, electronic and social media communications, and will promote and manage information aimed at creating a favorable point of view among the firm's audiences.
Managing and orchestrating all internal and external communications and the dissemination of information between the firm and the public, this individual ensures that all communications, content, materials for internal, external and client related industry publications are consistent with the firm's ethos.
- Works with local office's PR teams to ensure that Partners’ and Directors’ stories are being told
- Sets overall strategy for firm, offices, key people and markets both nationally and globally
- Identifies the best story ideas for each discipline, geographic or functional market, and determines the best dissemination and placement of those ideas
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategy for all firmwide public relations and communications and ensures that local strategies are in line with overall strategy
- Works collaboratively with firm leaders to define key messaging
- Maintains relationships with key media as well as key architectural and cultural thinkers
- Oversees writing of press releases and other collateral materials
- Maintains up-to-date press lists and press kits
- Directs major initiatives that affect firmwide marketing and PR
- Coordinates internal communications and consensus building
- Oversees website and electronic media content
- Helps identify and oversee PR agencies domestically and abroad as necessary
- Publicizes the firm's work
- Supervises a team of professionals
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, journalism, art history, communications, or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior leadership role either in-house or with an agency
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized
- A minimum of five years’ experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports and other print publications
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team of communications specialists
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively work within a matrix organization