This award winning multi-disciplinary architecture + design firm has an extensive portfolio encompassing multi-family residential, student housing, mixed-use and hospitality projects as well as corporate and government. The firm’s dynamic, design team structure promotes collaboration and innovation, while investing in the talent and expertise of all professional staff and incorporating the latest technology throughout the organization. They are committed to surpassing their clients’ expectations with design solutions that reflect and respect the unique cultural, social and built environment traditions of communities. Given the firm’s continued growth, they are seeking a Director of Business Development with experience in the multi-family, mixed-use and/or hospitality sectors to assume a leadership role in their growing Washington, DC office.
With exceptional skills at building long-term relationships, s/he leads business development efforts with the CEO, marketing and design colleagues to attract new clients and maintain existing clients in the DC, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions. Key strengths as a business development professional include prospecting new leads, researching and qualifying new opportunities, and developing win strategies and value propositions. S/he is responsible for introducing the firm’s holistic design practice and cultivating connections across market sectors that advance the firm’s strategic goals and objectives. In addition, s/he will coordinate business development efforts at industry conferences and actively networking to identify opportunities in the multi-family housing and hospitality sectors.
- Establish, implement and maintain the business development short and long-range goals.
- Promote and establish collaboration and individual leadership to identify, acquire and maintain new and existing clientele. This incorporates working alongside the marketing team to conduct client and market research to build our network of client touchpoints.
- Continually evaluate the team’s strategies and effectiveness in planning and winning projects, while implementing processes for improvements based on observations trends and feedback discovered during marketing, networking and client-interfacing events.
- Take responsibility for client communication efforts by ensuring on-time delivery and follow-up on site studies and proposals while consistently scheduling prospective presentations and meetings for leaders to interface with clients and target developers.
- Initiate and maintain extensive contacts with strategic industry partners in the region (including civil engineers, GC’s, zoning attorneys, brokers and more). This includes joining organizations where our clients and partners invest their time.
- Be responsible for driving results by attending client centric conferences and industry events, with a specific focus on economic development and research to connect with new and existing clients to continually guide the market sector leaders to new opportunities.
- 10+ years of proven ability to drive results that meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Finance. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Experience in the commercial real estate, real estate development, multifamily development, economic development, and/or project management is preferred, in addition to experience assisting a marketing department in the development of proposals, presentations, and additional marketing collateral.