Our client is a leading International multi-disciplinary practice consistently recognized and awarded at the highest levels for design excellence and technical innovation. The firm leverages its international expertise and in-depth knowledge of local markets through a network of culturally diverse global design studios focused on Commercial, Education, Cultural, Sports, Health + Science, Hospitality and Civic projects. Their innovative work encompasses architecture, building engineering, sustainable design, urbanism, master planning and industrial design. Given the firm’s strategic growth they are seeking to identify the Global Marketing and Business Development Leader to play a key role nationally and globally.
The Global Marketing and Business Development Leader is a true firmwide leader, setting and implementing global marketing and business development strategies in collaboration with the firm’s Partners, Marketing Managers and Business Development professionals. S/he will leverage an unparalleled award-winning portfolio of iconic architecture that spans decades and has redefined skylines globally. With a dedicated firmwide cadre of talented marketing and business development colleagues, and in collaboration with the Global Communications Leader, s/he will build upon the firm’s legacy of design excellence and technical innovation through effective deployment of market analysis, benchmarking, strategic intelligence and trends data to best position the firm for continued growth and success.
- Leadership of the firm’s marketing and business development efforts reporting directly to the Marketing & Communications Committee which is comprised of firmwide Partners.
- Collaborates closely with the Global Communications Leader.
- Ensures overall rigor, discipline and consistency in marketing efforts throughout the firm.
- Furthers goal of “One Firm” by emphasizing organization across markets.
- Builds and maintains relationships with Partners across the firm.
- Works with Practice Group Leaders, subject-matter-experts and leadership across geographical regions, Offices and Practice Areas to develop value Propositions that are relevant and compelling, through a matrixed organization.
- Leads an inter-disciplinary team comprised of graphic design, writing, marketing and research professionals who develop and execute marketing tactics across brand, analytics, research, collateral, sales tools and events; and leads strategy to tie these initiatives together.
- Works with the Regional Marketing Managers to develop and implement office level strategic marketing plans that align the One Firm objective.
- Conducts competitive and market research to understand client issues and competitive strategies.
- Understands the market drivers and trends that influence the firm’s global growth strategy and collaborates with teams to differentiate the firm’s offering.
- Facilitates best-in-class proposals and presentation across the firm by developing common standards.
- Leverages the firm’s CRM system, Salesforce, ensuring quality information is in the CRM system. Establishes protocols for tracking, leads generation and conversion rates. Leads the development of effective Firmwide and Regional Marketing Campaigns utilizing the CRM system.
- Ensures the firm’s CRM system protocols and governance are adhered to by the global marketing team. Creates and shares best practice as it pertains to internal processes to enhance client relationships, optimize communication and promote collaboration.
- Facilitates a training and learning infrastructure, to support a culture of business development across the firm.
- Collaborates with Communications to bring the best marketing collateral to regions.
- Leads, manages and mentors talent including hiring and performance management.
- Works in collaboration with COO, CPO, CTO and cross-functional leaders to improve the firm’s global marketing technology platforms, including change management and systems integration.
- Organizes/facilitates collaboration across the network of regional marketers with calls, sharing, etc., and provides an environment for creative thinking.
- Helps individual offices with staffing organization so that marketing professionals can play a proactive role in identifying business development opportunities.
- Assesses marketing needs to increase effectiveness across the firm.
- Sets overall marketing budget for the firm, offices and each business; and monitors spend.
- Streamlines and develops consistency of all proposal materials.
- Actively leads a project team.
- Directly trains and mentors team members.
- Directly supervises staff and is committed to direct reports’ professional development.
- Develops and engages in talent strategy to find specialists, leaders, and future professionals for the firm through resume review and interviews.
- Actively engages in internal and external professional development opportunities.
- Develops and/or manages, in collaboration with team members, a clear and consistent work plan to achieve the project budget, deliverables, and schedule.
- Encourages incorporation of sustainable strategies in all project assignments.
- Coordinates and supports business development, public relations, and marketing opportunities.
- Contributes to the development of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Protects the firm from financial and legal risk.
- Effectively at communicates and promotes the work of the firm.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience or equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities in a senior leader role within the architecture industry focusing on business development and marketing.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a team of professionals to meet the strategic business needs of the firm.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with firm leaders to develop and execute plans.
- Proven record of efficiently managing budgets and developing metrics to effectively win work.
- Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team of marketing and business development specialists.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Superior management skills: ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports / peers.
- Self-reliant, effective problem solver, results oriented.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator.
- Collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively work within a matrix organization.